18 May 2012

God created disco

Friday Favourites


God had to create disco music so I could be born and be successful. Donna Summer

You know you're getting old when all your favourite Idols start to pass on. Not the Australian Idols but real Idols who marked an era of change. Even back home in the Islands and in New Zealand where I grew up, villagers whose children I once played with and homes I was invited into, are passing on.

The news that Donna Summer died took me by great surprise. I love these photos of Donna Summer, this is how I have always remembered her. Every Islander woman in the 70's and 80's wanted hair like Donna. I know this because my Aunt was one tragic fan.

Anyway let's put on some music and dance our feet off to Donna!


Images: Getty Images

1 comment:

I wish you a beautiful day just for leaving me a comment. I hope to visit your blog soon.