8 March 2012

Thursday Thrifting: Read to me

Thursday Thrifting is my space to share the things I've bought from thrifting, sales and also freebies - or what I like to tell Leo, "my good fortune".

Leo is one of those men who likes to see savings, either in his account or in what we do/buy. I've learnt thrifting from being a Stay-At-Home-Mum, it's mine and Tauren's time to get out and rummage for the things that make us happy. While I worked fulltime, I was too ashamed to go into charity shops, thrift stores, garage sales and the likes. Now that I do it at least once a week, I still can't believe how much money I've wasted on buying brand new and brand names. Looking back I realise, I don't recall any fond memories of these purchases and none of them have lasted. Strangely, I have a vivid memory of each item from thrifting and, they are still used daily in our home.

The Magic Pear Tree, is my favourite book in this week's buy. This is the edition Leo and I read as kids - we are the same age. I just love the illustrations. So far, I haven't found this version anywhere and I'm pretty stoked about it. I'm hoping the boys will keep this one in the good condition it was found in.

Love You Forever, doesn't bring back any memories for me but Leo remembers reading it. I was shocked to find that it was listed as one of the 10 Worst Books for Toddlers. After Leo and I read it, we didn't find anything offensive about it. Are people so politically correct that reading an example of unconditional love is seen as stalking? Oh well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so here's mine: I loved it and it's on our kid's bookshelf so HA!

Aesop's Fables, I've never seen this edition before. It is beautifully illustrated and I can't wait to read it to Aries and discuss each moral. Aries can recall every book that we've read to/with him, I hope he will remember those books when he reads to his own child.

These books were bought at our local Vinnies store for a total of $5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you a beautiful day just for leaving me a comment. I hope to visit your blog soon.