12 February 2012

The moon has a face




I take photos for the sake of 'one day it will be in my blog'. Then BOOM! it happens... the photo, the words, the coincidence, serendipity. Everything just spills forward and becomes a 'post'.

The photo - I took this shot last Sunday on my point-and-shoot Canon. I swear there is a face in there! Can you see her?

The words - 'The moon has a face...' these are the first five words of a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson titled, The Moon.

The coincidence - that same poem is in a book I bought for our children, A child's garden of verses by Robert Louis Stevenson.

The serendipity - Robert Louis Stevenson is buried in my homeland, Samoa. Stevenson is a Scottish writer and my partner Leo, his Kiwi ancestors are... Scottish!

I breathe a sigh of relief and go to sleep knowing, everything has a reason after all. Maybe, just maybe, blogging wasn't such a crazy stupid idea after all.

1 comment:

  1. I DO see a face. Looks like the moon has big eyes, a big nose and a big mouth! I always see faces and things like that in clouds, patterns, textures...haha...

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. It's always fun to meet new people. I hope you have a good evening or whatever time it is there in your neck of the woods.

    Heidi (hi-d)

    ReplyDelete

I wish you a beautiful day just for leaving me a comment. I hope to visit your blog soon.